Sunday the 27th of September, 2015
The big day in Ovens & Murray football and netball has arrived and we are fortunate to have three of our sides playing off for premiership glory.
All the best to Mauro and the thirds, Darren and the reserves and Liona and the A grade girls.
Also a big thanks to all the assistant coaches and other support staff for these three teams whose assistance throughout the season has been invaluable.
In football last Sunday the reserves, with Ben Hollands kicking 8 goals, overcame a 2 point deficit at half time to record a 9 point victory over last year’s reserve grade premiers Albury.
Ben Hollands (Lloyd Deane Financial), Daniel Wortmann (Paul Hicks CBA), Mason Marr (SS&A), Brandon Turner (Team Managers), Ryan Cannon (Dog Fathers), Bob Russell (Tackle King)
Our footballers and netballers fared very well at last Monday’s O&M Morris Medal night and we congratulate the following:
- Jane Cook, winner of the A grade Hot Shots award
- Rebecca Cameron, runner up for the Toni Wilson Medal and second to Jane in the Hot Shots
- Maggie Young winner of The Rising Star Award
- Jess Miles winner of the U/16’s best player
- Mel Scatchard, runner up in the C grade best player
- Sarah Walker, third in the B grade best player
- BJ Garvey runner up in the Leo Burke award
- Louis Saccutelli, winner of the thirds goal kicking
- Matt Bradshaw, runner up in the seconds goal kicking award
- Also O&M life memberships were awarded to Liona Edwards and past netball president Kim Odewahn
- past player Ron Montgomery was awarded the O&M Volunteer of the Year Award
Win, lose or draw it will be back to the Sports Club for Grand Final drinks after today’s games. The club will be open from 4.30 onwards and meals will be available so we would love to see as many there as possible.
We would also like to thank all our match day and club sponsors for their support throughout the year and we encourage all our members and supporters to support those who support us.
For the final time this season “Go Doggies”